Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 1999 23:56:30 -0800
From:      manning@uclink4.berkeley.edu
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UPDATE: boot install disk on multia

ok, about the monitor res, turns out i just had to be smart and play
around with the jumpers until i got lucky. In any case, as i said, that
problem WAS only secondary.

Let me clarify the problem with the disk boot.

It gets all the way through the kern.flp load, and asks for the
mfsroot.flp. It starts that ok, with the usual errors (about
over/underruns) and then dumps a whole bunch of stuff on the screen, in
the form of:

-----------------------------------
            ---------------------------

repeated. mostly numbers... some hex... any ideas besides the zip disk
one? I AM thinking about the that but, i dont HAVE a zip drive, so i'd
have to borrow one... what did you use? the scsi one? I'd think that's
the only one you could boot from. And i don't know anyone with one of
those.