Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:20:53 -0800
From:      "Heredity Choice" <stork@QNET.COM>
To:        "Tim McMillen" <timcm@umich.edu>, "Anthony Accurso" <ihtarlik@kc.rr.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Video Cards

> >     I was looking over the supported hardware list for FreeBSD and I
> didn't see any video cards listed.
>
> That's because FreeBSD doesn't provide the support for video cards.  A
> project called XFree86 does.  See www.xfree86.org

This is true for the Intel platform. However, for the Alpha platform not
every video card will allow the system to boot. With a Cirrhus Logic 5434 I
get a lovely tweed pattern instead of an image on my EB164. I should like to
upgrade my ancient video card. Does anybody know of a list of video cards
that work with an Alpha?

Paul Smith