Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 06:57:20 +0000
From:      Jason Henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xmms FreeBSD and buzzing or skipping sound

 and On 01/25/05 16:01:14, Derek wrote:,
> Jason Henson wrote:
>> Something like hw.acpi.pci.link.0.6.0.irq=3D16
>=20
> I used:
> hw.acpi.pci.link.0.11.0.irq=3D9
> hw.acpi.pci.link.0.11.1.irq=3D9
>=20
> In /boot/loader.conf, and I get a panic right at boot...  If I unset =20
> them using loader, system boots fine.  I also tried using irq 20, =20
> same thing.

I never had a panic from using these?
Maybe use irqs 19 and 24, or move the usb controler.  I don't know, but =20
you may only be able to remap to irqs higher that 14 because those are =20
enabled with acpi.  1 - 14 are standard hardware irqs and don't need =20
acpi.  Just a thought.

>> #irq pcm in /boot/loader.conf
>=20
> I don't know what this statement means... I tried looking for more =20
> documentation about it.

Just something to remind me what I did.

>> Maybe you could also try changing the pci clock, by =3D20
>> this I mean the number of tics or cycles a device can control the =20
>> bus.  =3D20
>> I have mine set to 96.
>=20
> Is this a function of the BIOS, or the O/S?  If its in FreeBSD, where =20
> can I find more information about this?

It's in the bios.  Also checkout man acpi, man acpidump, and the acpi =20
page in the handook.