Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 15:04:32 -0500
From:      "Dave Wilson" <dlwilson@ix.netcom.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installation Problems

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF5F69.D46C5EE0

I purchased FreeBSD 3.4 January 2000 CDROM with a manual a few days ago =
from Walnut Creek and am unable to install it.  It seems that no matter =
which install method I use, (Novice, Custom etc.) or which machine I try =
to install it on (I've tried three) or where I install from (CD-ROM, DOS =
partition etc.) I get a Signal 11 error and the install crashes.  I've =
tried downloading the latest floppy images from the net.  I've also =
searched some news groups.  The only reference to signal 11 concerns =
RAM.  But, would I have RAM problems on three different machines, one a =
brand new Micron?  I am at a dead end.  I would appreciate any help you =
could give me.  Thanks.

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF5F69.D46C5EE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I purchased FreeBSD 3.4 January 2000 =
CDROM with a=20
manual a few days ago from Walnut Creek and am unable to install =
it.&nbsp;=20
</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It seems that no matter which install =
method I=20
use, (Novice, Custom etc.) or which machine I try to install it on (I've =
tried=20
three) or where I install from (CD-ROM, DOS partition etc.) I get a =
Signal 11=20
error and the install crashes.&nbsp; I've tried downloading the latest =
floppy=20
images from the net.&nbsp; I've also&nbsp;searched some news =
groups.&nbsp; The=20
only reference to signal 11 concerns RAM.&nbsp; But, would I have RAM =
problems=20
on three different machines, one a brand new Micron?&nbsp; I am at a =
dead=20
end.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would appreciate any help you could give me.&nbsp;=20
Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF5F69.D46C5EE0--