Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jimmie james <h2g2_jimmiejaz@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gaim v0.60 port broken

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:29, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Something's wacky because I uninstalled libao, then
installed gaim, and
> it picked up libao just fine.

Well, I can't really explain that .. All I can do is
report to you what
happened on my system .. Hopefully as more users start
installing gaim
0.60, we can further determine what might have caused
the problem .. I
can't imagine any abnormality on my system that might
have caused it ..
My system configuration is very basic ..

I just did a pkg_delete -f for the old version, and
make install clean, all went fine for me.

> -$ cat /usr/ports/audio/libao/distinfo=20
> MD5 (libao-0.8.3.tar.gz) =3D
b1422a6ff7f58131921b9f2fabe2295c
>=20
> -$ cat /usr/ports/net/gaim/distinfo   =20
> MD5 (gaim-0.60.tar.gz) =3D
464ae767fba53ff7a95de4ae40e5a42e

I'm don't have access to that box atm, but I can/will
send config.log and pkg_info output for libao (I don't
remember installing it)

Only problem I'm having is gtk2 themes, it just
doesn't seem to want to use them. (working on from
freebsd.org/gnome)

Just wanted to add my 3.14 cents here.