Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:06:30 -0400
From:      Gabriel Lavoie <glavoie@gmail.com>
To:        utisoft@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Valentin Bud <valentin.bud@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Opinion request about a file server

Much less than a Pentium 4! Exactly I don't know. This server is a
normal PC with a 380W PSU (still too much for the hardware). The funny
thing is that the CPU in it (Pentium Dual Core E5200 45nm) is supposed
to draw under 4W of power when idle with EIST enabled. This power draw
on Intel 45nm CPUs had been tested with a Core 2 Quad! What I can say
is that this server uses a lot less power than the Pentium II (dual
CPU) it replaced and it's much more powerful. It really made a
difference in my electricity bill.