Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 19:35:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Raistrick <keen@damoe.wireless-isp.net>
To:        John Turner <john@drexeltech.com>
Cc:        "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP: can't install ports packages

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, John Turner wrote:

> Unfortunately, upgrading to 4.1 and doing the whole buildworld thing is not
> an option at the moment.  Is there something else I can try?

One of the machines i built at work did this to me....the quickfix was to
just correct the damn problem in the Makefile.  I think it was my 4.0-R
machine.

Memory says that the distname was missing.  See below for what the
Makefile that sits in the directory reads right now:

# $FreeBSD: ports/net/ucd-snmp/Makefile,v 1.37 2000/02/21 19:19:03 fenner
Exp $
#

DISTNAME=       ucd-snmp-4.0.1
CATEGORIES=     net
MASTER_SITES=   ftp://ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu/ \
                ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/ucd-snmp/ \
                ftp://ftp.win.or.jp/pub/network/snmp/ucd-snmp/
PATCH_SITES=    http://ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu/patches/

Let me know if that works.

--
David Raistrick		Digital Wireless Communications
davidr@dwcinet.com