Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 2003 19:28:29 +0900
From:      horio shoichi <bugsgrief@bugsgrief.net>
To:        Frank Laszlo <laszlof@vonostingroup.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk14 port

On 06 Nov 2003 20:17:11 -0500
Frank Laszlo <laszlof@vonostingroup.com> wrote:
> Ok, I figured out what the problem was.
> It's really quite interesting.
> you see, I was building this via ssh to my server. My server has had
> network issues (due to the connection) all day, and my ssh sessions were
> lagging horribly. it would freeze for a long amount of time. I noticed
> the build always seemed to error at a different point. So I thought to
> myself, maybe the ssh freezing is causing a problem
> so i fired screen and ran:
> cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14 && script jdk14-out.log make package
> then i detached from the screen, and ran xtail jdk14-out.log to keep an
> eye on it.
> and sure enough, it built with no problems whatsoever.
>
> I have NEVER seen anything like this, but I guess it makes sense. Oh
> well..
>

> -Frank Laszlo
>

> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 12:49, Frank Laszlo wrote:
> > It seems this port wont build, I do have linux_base installed and the
> > linprocfs is mounted. here is my uname and error message.
> >
> > (laszlof@ritamari /usr/ports/java/jdk14)% uname -a
> > FreeBSD ritamari.vonostingroup.com 4.9-RC FreeBSD 4.9-RC #0: Thu Oct 16
> > 14:19:39 EDT 2003
> > laszlof@ritamari.vonostingroup.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/RITAMARI  i386
> >

> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException
> >         at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.add(Finalizer.java:42)
> >         at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.<init>(Finalizer.java:67)
> >         at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.register(Finalizer.java:72)
> >         at sun.tools.java.ClassFile.getInputStream(ClassFile.java:60)
> >         at
> > com.sun.tools.javah.oldjavah.JavahEnvironment.getClass(JavahEnvironment.java:171)
> >         at
> > com.sun.tools.javah.oldjavah.JavahEnvironment.getAllFields(JavahEnvironment.java:89)
> >         at com.sun.tools.javah.oldjavah.JNI.write(JNI.java:38)
> >         at com.sun.tools.javah.oldjavah.Gen.run(Gen.java:149)
> >         at com.sun.tools.javah.oldjavah.Main.run(Main.java:174)
> >         at com.sun.tools.javah.oldjavah.Main.main(Main.java:41)
> >         at com.sun.tools.javah.Main.main(Main.java:40)
> > gmake[4]: ***
> > [/usr/home/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/tmp/java/java.lang/java/obj_g/.class.headers.i586] Error 1
> >

> > Any help would be greatly sppriciated. Thanks
> >
> > -Frank Laszlo

I have seen the same (or similar named) exception on 4.8-STABLE.
Since it was made on Oct.30, the log file on /var/tmp has been flushed.

Last night, I tried to reproduce the log but (unfortunately) have
succeeded this time. So the sameness or similarity is only in my
vague memory.

The differences in my case are:

o when failed, I was complained there was no linprocfs. I tried to remake
  without flushing $WRKDIR after mounting it,

o last night, there were other heavy metals, such as 'make buildworld'
  and 'make release' so the loads were constantly high. Remake is done on
  a new $WRKDIR, though.

Um, neither seem to have any significance.

horio shoichi