Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:48:24 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   xmms-1.0.1 "runs slow"

Apologies if this has been raised (and answered) before but the
mail archive search engine is still down.

I've just upgraded xmms to the latest version of the port, 1.0.1, and
it is very slow updating it's windows. I was running 0.9.5.1, or
something like that, and it worked fine; clicked a button and the
response was immediate, and the graphic equalizer danced away in time
with the music.

In 1.0.1, however it is very sluggish; a second or more delay after
clicking a button before anything happens, and the graphic equalizer
only seems to be updated once a second, causing very a erratic
display. The music (mp3's) play just fine, no dropping of frames.

Anyone know the cause (and fix)?

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000