Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:18:05 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Statistics for FreeBSD FTP and CVSup mirrors

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 01:18:17PM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Edwin Groothuis <edwin@freebsd.org> wrote
>   in <20080825032902.GA90128@k7.mavetju>:
>
> ed> About a year ago I made the FreeBSD FTP mirrors statistics for the
> ed> availability of ISO images. Recently I have added statistics for
> ed> the general up-to-dateness of the FTP server (via contents of the
> ed> file /pub/FreeBSD/TIMESTAMP) and the general up-to-dateness of CVSup
> ed> mirrors, via the file CVSROOT-ports/modules.
> ed>
> ed> The statistics can be found at
> ed> http://www.mavetju.org/unix/freebsd-mirrors/
> ed>
> ed> and are available per country or global (for CVSup mirrors and for
> ed> TIMESTAMPS).
>
>  Excellent.  We need to do something for stale servers.

I hope that erwin@s (admin of ftp.beastie.tdk.net) project of
contacting stale CVSup / FTP mirrors will be successful. If I am
given the hat, I am more than willing to contact the people myself.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/