Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:45:48 EST
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More on PPPoE & ADSL (Telstra Bigpond)

** Reply to note from "Aaron Hill" <hillaa@hotmail.com> Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:52:21 GMT

> Out of interest the adsl modem I have is called an Alcatel Speed Touch Home.
> I haven't had a reason to doubt it yet either, it seems a pretty reliable
> device.

I am working on the same device and confirm that I can connect just fine (with ISP tin.it).
However, the connection is all but relyable, since that box tend to hang for good (meaning
it doesn't even respond to a ping on its ethernet address), and only power-cycling it will
bring it to reason again. I'm saying this because that happens almost only when the modem is
connected to a FreeBSD box, it won't behave as bad when it's connected to a Win98 machine.
Anyone knows anything?

 Bye
	av.