Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 06:37:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
To:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Alias logging

Okay, this may seem like a simple question, but it's late here, and my
brain is not operating at 100%.  I figure someone out there in the world
may be seeing this in mid-afternoon...I want to track which machines
from my internal network use the Internet.  I don't have a firewall as I
am using user ppp's packet filtering feature, and my internal network is
a fake subnet anyway.  So here's an example:

I am a user that gets on Netscape from my Mac, and goes and looks at a
page.  User mode ppp receives the request, masquerades the incoming IP,
and forwards the packets.  Is there a way I can log where that user went
and at what time?  Thanks.

Joe Clarke