Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 13:52:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mark Graves <MGraves@acog.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 Post-Install Config

On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, Mark Graves wrote:

> While running /stand/sysinstall I select Configure to do a post-install
> config of BSD.  Next I select Networking to config additional network
> services.  I now want to select Interfaces to Configure additional
> network interfaces, but nothing happens.  I expected to have a screen
> where I could configure my NE2000, but the screen doesn't change.  What
> am I doing wrong?

Don't forget to put a check in the box by hitting <space>, then <enter>
to configure.  If you did a FTP install, then it was configured already.

> PS. Still having problems with your multi-boot program.  If I make a
> floppy to boot from, how do I automatically make it mount hd(1,a)/kernel
> and NOT fd(1,a)/kernel?  Consider changing boot manager to LILO -- I have
> used that with Linux without any problems for years.  Your's continues to
> generate a BIOS error when I put it on my WD controller.

You can try to rewrite the floppy image using a modified boot program.  I
tried to do that once.  I have no idea how to modify the code to change
the boot location.  I use OS/2's Boot Manager, so when I select that
partition, I just have to hit enter to get it to boot.

You could use the OS-BS utility, available in the tools/dos directory,
for a replacement boot manager.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant