Date:      Sun, 22 May 2016 13:36:04 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Emb Aud <embaudarm@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How do you guys cross compile for Zynq (Cortex A9)?

> On May 22, 2016, at 11:48 AM, Emb Aud <embaudarm@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hi Everyone,
>=20
>  I've got FreeBSD compiled and running on my Zybo (Xilinx Zynq CPU).
>=20
>  But I can't figure out how to compile programs to run on it.

I've not used the Zybo specifically, but for Beaglebone and Raspberry =
Pi, I found it easiest to just compile directly on the board.  =
Everything should just work, though for certain larger packages, you may =
need to configure some form of swap.

With two or more boards, you can dedicate one to building, create =
packages, and then distribute those packages to your other boards.

>=20
>  It also looks like the Cortex A9 is armv7-a, but the FreeBSD compile
> instructions I've found (and that work) are for armv6.

FreeBSD uses the term "armv6" to refer generically to armv6 *and later* =
32-bit processors, including armv7.

Tim