Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:03:28 -0500
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux: Kylix apps not finding custom Borland libs

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

I am trying to get an application written in Borland's Kylix product to run=
 on -CURRENT, and=20
running into some of the same issues I have getting Kylix itself to run.

Basically, all Kylix apps are linked against a customized version of the Qt=
 library,=20
specifically in this case libborqt-6.9.0-qt2.3.so.  A typical symptom of ru=
nning a=20
Kylix-compiled binary without this library is the failure to initialize Bor=
land's=20
garbage-collected strings:

=2E/EditPadLite: relocation error: ./EditPadLite: undefined symbol: initPAn=
siStrings

The symbol is defined in the custom Qt library:

$ nm -D libborqt-6.9.0-qt2.3.so | grep AnsiStrings
002637c4 T initPAnsiStrings

A ktrace of the application shows that it does open the library in question=
 just prior to=20
generating this error, so I'm not sure where the disconnect is.  I'm lookin=
g mostly for advice=20
on how to further troubleshoot this issue.

The only other issue I have seen, which could be completely unrelated, is t=
his group of errors=20
in my syslog every time I try to run the program:

> linux: pid 80867 (glidelink): sysctl {1,23} is not implemented
> linux: pid 80867 (glidelink): syscall syslog not implemented
> linux: pid 80867 (glidelink): syscall syslog not implemented

I assume the failed syscall shouldn't be hurting anything but I'm not sure =
what that sysctl is=20
or what it's trying to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am hoping if I can work past this =
issue I can move on=20
to getting Kylix itself running on FreeBSD.

--Mike

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP--