Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 04:40:59 -0800
From:      "irado@nettaxi.com" <irado@nettaxi.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipsec vpn - how to test ??

I settled a vpn between 2 FreeBSD 4.3. As far as I can see, everything is running smootlhly (no error messages) BUT.. I cannot say that it IS realy doing what we can expect it to do. As these machines will be 1,400 kilometer apart, I must test it BEFORE sending it for its places. So, hereis the real question:

Is there a way to connect the VPN in a testbench like?

 I tried a middle multi-homed linux box, but even with the ´ip-forwarding´ activated I can ping both linux ip-addresses I cannot ping the other vpn box - ´no route..´.

I tried also the FreeBSD bridge but.. ´no route´ again - even that the bridge said me that it is ok, in promiscuous mode and so on.

Please, any hint??

saudações,
   irado furioso com tudo
   GNU/Linux user  CASSADO
deus é construído à imagem e semelhança do homem. Principalmente em seus defeitos.

   por favor, clique aqui: http://www.thehungersite.com
   e aqui também: http://cf6.uol.com.br/umminuto/