Date:      Sat, 04 Jul 1998 21:10:51 +0200
From:      "F.A.A. van der Veer" <F.vanderVeer@inter.NL.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.6 and Matshushita/Panasonic CD-ROM

Hello FreeBSD,
greetings from Holland.

I have got a question.

When I try to install FreeBSD 2.2.6 (From Walnut Creek CDROM subscription) a
problem occurs.

My PC has got a Matshushita/Panasonic CD-Rom player (CR-562) connected to a
Creative 16 MultiCD board.

I always install from a boot floppy made with makeflp.bat.
I boot from floppy, and the generic kernel on that recognizes the CD player.
I go through the "novice" menu as I have been doing from version 2.1 on, and after
the selection of the distribution sets, I get an error box with the message:

Error mounting /dev/matcd0c on /dist: Input/output error (5).

I have tried several things with the configuration program, including setting the
port number to -1 as suggested for another (or similar) problem in "trouble.txt".
It has, however, not brought me any further.

I went back to version 2.2.5 and that installs without any problem. So I am
convinced nothing is wrong with the hardware.

I feel that I'm stuck for the moment, have you got any suggestions for me?

Kind regards,

Frans van der Veer