Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 16:02:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      tim@scratch.demon.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   keytables - Problem with the British Pound Symbol

Hi,

I am spending time sorting the little irritating things out, one of
which was sorting my printer to correctly work. Its there now but it
drew my attention to the fact that it was not printing the British
pound sign but instead was giving a hash on the command prompt and \ax3
in text files ( which it consequently prints ).

If I change my keytable from uk.iso to uk.cp850 then i get nothing
other than a beep on the command line and \x9c in text files which
again it prints.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this - possibly I need to ammend the
keytable or is it something else ?

Another unrelated question - does sendmail fetch my mail or do I need
another progran such as stmpd ?

Yet another - I have 2 boxes one running 4.0-CURRENT and the other
running 3.0-RELEASE, they were networked but since my last upgrade this
is no longer the case - the problem is that I have only one attached to
a monitor - bit short of desk space !, and it is a right pain in the
ass to disconnect the monitor and attach it to the other box to tweek
the settings again. Is there a way I can do it from tis box - the
original setup included NIS !?

cheers for any help