Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 03:04:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        gsutter@pobox.com (Gregory Sutter)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Open Source Town Meeting" supports only one faction

Gregory Sutter wrote:

> I seem to have chosen the wrong word. :)  I did say, however, that some
> of his ideas are "on the edge of acceptability", which is a definition
> of extreme.  He may be right, though -- for most instances of
> intellectual property, there is really no need for ownership.
> Unfortunately, this view is incompatible with capitalism.  That
> doesn't make it something to be reviled.  Most people who immediately
> ridicule RMS's ideas are never fully cognizant of their implications.

Right -- anyone who disagrees with you is obviously too stupid to
really understand what he's saying, or too lazy to bother to
understand it.

Did it ever occur to you that the rest of us may be fully cognizant
of the implications of his ideas and STILL reject them as crackpot?
Or, did it occur to you that WE now place you in the same category?