Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Jos=E9=20de=20Paula=20Eufr=E1sio=20J=FAnior?= <jpej@geo-rede.com.br>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SNMP problems with interfaces up and down

This is probably a better question for a Linux list since that is what
you're using for the server.  However, you might want to check the ifTable
both via SNMP and via ifconfig.  Sometimes interfaces, once they get
instantiated, will remain in the ifTable.  They may also stay
operationally up as well to preserve floating routes.

If you send me more details about the exact objects you're querying, I can
see if there is something better you can do.

Joe Clarke