Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:53:23 +0200
From:      Anders Troback <public@troback.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: thunderbird-1.0.6_1

I don't think it's a error but it seems to be that Thunderbird is more
careful about certs. My certs, that was generated by the imap-uw port,
contains two CNs, one for localhost and one for FQDN, and that was never
a problem before. Now when I created the certs by my self, with only on
CN, Thunderbird like them again.

\\anders

Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:27:21 -0500, Anders Troback <public@troback.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> noticed some strange things with Thunderbird 1.0.6_1.
>>
>> When I connect to a imap server with ssl the cert is not valid,
>> Thunderbird thinks the cert is for localhost but I connect to
>> mail.domain.com. Before the upgrade everything worked just fine...
>>
>> Don't know if it's a port problem or a Thnderbird problem!
>>
>> The server is a FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE, imap-uw-2004d,1
>> Client is FreeBSD 5.4-p4, Thunderbird 1.0.6_1
>

> Are all of your apps up to date such as nss, nspr and etc?
>
> I am not sure if it's IMAP is different than POP/SMTP for TLS/SSL in
> thunderbird, but I just tested POP/SMTP (I don't have any IMAP here)
> with  TLS/SSL and they work fine. In the 'Edit -> Account Settings ->
> Security',  when I clicked on 'Manage Certificates' and can display
> other  certificates. Also, when I clicked on 'Manage Security Devices'
> and I can  see that it can find nss library (in Builtin Roots Module, it
> has  /usr/local/lib/libnssckbi.so) and shows other info correct.
>
> I just find more info by myself, in my local machine I searched for
> "libnssckbi.so" in any files inside ~/.thunderbird and I found it, it's
> in  secmod.db. Can you try to exit thunderbird and find secmod.db in
> your  ~/.thunderbird then remove it? I found info in google and it said
> that  thunderbird/mozilla will rebuild a new secmod.db in the startup.
>
> If none of that work, then try to run 'ktrace thunderbird' and use SSL
> with IMAP then exit it. Run 'kdump > thunderbird.txt' and open
> tunderbird.txt with your editor to search for 'libnssckbi', then show
> me  about ten lines between of above to bottom in the middle of
> 'libnssckbi'.  Not sure if my English is clear, but here's example:
>
> ==================
> [...ten lines...]
> [...libnssckbi...]
> [...ten lines...]