Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:18:13 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick_oreilly@mweb.co.za>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cyrus IMAP

Hi all.

I'm a newbie to IMAP, and I've been trying to set up the Cyrus IMAP port.
I'm finding the going very tough, and documentation hard to find.  The Cyrus
web site is, shall we say, less than extremely easy to use.

Does someone know of any decent documentation for getting this to a workable
state once the port is installed?

I have managed to set up a mail account which I could use to read emails.
But, to make it work I had to add the account in the passwd file
(/etc/passwd).  The system seems to ignore the fact that I added the account
name to the sasldb database which the documentation indicates is the default
method of user authentication.

I tried to create a shared mail folder, set ACL to indicate that the folder
is writable by "anyone", but the server refuses to "show" the folder to the
client.

If there is a good set of documentation somewhere, please just point me to
it.  Else, any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Patrick.