Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 2015 19:50:21 -0400
From:      Quartz <quartz@sneakertech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB stick and some help with it.

> In this case, might I suggest trying UBCD?

> It is a _very_ handy tool for diagnostics and repair.

I'll second this. Everyone should have a copy of ubcd kicking around,
it's super helpful. Just last week I had to use it to install Win7 on an
older machine where the dvd drive for some reason couldn't boot the dvd
natively because it couldn't handle 7's dvd boot loader. Using ubcd I
could boot from an external usb cd drive and manually pass control over
to the dvd after the fact.