Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 1995 14:47:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Eric Chet <echet@coil.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   GPL_MATH_EMULATE

Hello

I just recompiled the kernel for 2.0.5 to match my ASUS-SP3G dx2/66
system without any problems.  The kernel is now 724K.

I selected "options GPL_MATH_EMULATE" for use with ghostscript.  My question
is will all floating point math be emulated?  Will the 486's FPU be used now?
I used the option "cpu	I486_CPU" also.

Should I recompile everything for a I486?  Will it make a difference?

What does this do for xwindows?
device		vt0	at isa? port "IO_KDB" tty irq 1 vector pcrint
option		"PCVT_FREEBSD=210"
option		XSERVER

Thank You
Eric Chet -- echet@coil.com