Date:      01 Jan 1998 17:11:29 +0100
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@Radio-do.de>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 patches...

>>>>> "ah" == Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> writes:

    ah> I have two outstanding patches :

    ah> 1. Flemming Jacobsen <fj@schizo.dk.tfs.com> has provided
    ah> support for Hauppauge's Win/TV FM . It includes an ioctl
    ah> interface for the FM component 8) " I've gotten my Win/TV card
    ah> working. It's the model with PAL-B/G, Text, Stereo and
    ah> Radio. It's based on the Philips FM1216 tuner."

Sounds very good :-)

Are there allready aplications for radio and videotext? I didn't like
the idea of reinventing the wheel.

    ah> 2. Frank Nobis <fn@radio-do.de> has some mods to properly
    ah> recognize a Win/TV (PAL) .

I would not go that far and call it properly detecting the Win/TV
with the PAL tuner. I had to override the tuner detection and I'm not
sure how to decide, if it's a Temic or Phillips PAL tuner. Both have
their read/write address at 0xc2/0xc3.

Regards
	Frank
--
 Frank Nobis                            Email: PGP AVAILABLE
 Landgrafenstr. 130                     dg3dcn   http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/