Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 07:40:55 -0600
From:      "Peter W. Schmiedeskamp" <peter@spirit.lib.umt.edu>
To:        Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>, Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PDF creation in Star Office

On Wednesday 19 September 2001 06:54 pm, Chris Aitken wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Just a quick question. Someone mentioned to me today that they thought Star
> Office had the ability to create PDF files. I was under the impression that
> it can only read them but not write them. Can anyone else shed some light
> on this, or even have any other suggestions on how to create PDF files
> under a unix enviro that would be great.
>

> Cheers
>

> Chris

Everything that can output postscript can be converted to PDF.  Print to a
file in StarOffice and then run ps2pdf on it.

Alternatively, you could use LyX to write reports and such.  LyX is in my
mind a much better and more modern approach to document creation than
wordprocessors are.  Current versions of LyX will automatically generate a
PDF from any document created therein.

Hope this helps.

-Peter