Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 02:11:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@mail.double-barrel.be>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>, "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@mail.double-barrel.be>, "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: dos2unix

True, but eh now just speaking for myself here ...
To me Trivial code sush as that and even filesystem code and all general
purpouse stuff who's use is somewhat limited and is below 1000 lines of
code should come with all the Free Licences so one can pick whatever one
suites better the users needs on more complex works sush as perl one can
choose allready between a couple of licences so why not do it for more
programs ... I just don't want a certain big company in redmont to use
certain code but for the rest I don't care what happens to code and who
uses it as long as the autors name and details remain intact and also the
names of poeple who fixed the code their details are mentioned. Sometimes
I take a package make the chages I need for me to that code and put the
code back in the original sites /incoming directory with a small note what
changes I made to their code and why...then the authors are free to do
with my changes what they want if they want to keep my version okey if
they don't like my changes they can delete it..me don't care what happens
to it as long as I offered my code back to them because afterall they
wrote the original code I was able to modify. But that's me.

Michael
---
Michael C. Vergallen A.k.A. Mad Mike,
Sportstraat 28			http://www.double-barrel.be/mvergall/
B 9000 Gent			ftp://ftp.double-barrel.be/pub/linux/
Belgium				tel : 32-9-2227764 Fax : 32-9-2224976