Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:03:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   4.1-RC2 up for grabs

Hey all,

4.1-RC2 is up for grabs now from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/4.1-RC2/ by ftp, or you can
download the ISO from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/ISO-IMAGES/4.1-20000719-RC2/install-i386.iso
and burn it onto a CD.  It includes all of the base system including the ports
collection and the documentation.  It also includes a few of the more common
packages such as Netscape and the Linux compatibility packages.  It also
includes a natively built distribution of XFree86.  However, it does not
include any of hte PC98 X bits as I do not have the hardware to build them.
While the newer X bits have several advantages such as being 4.1 binaries
rather than 3.x binaries and supporting the i810, they most likely won't be
used if I cannot resolve the PC98 issue in the next day or so.  Please test
this out and give us feedback.  Thanks.

--

John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com>