Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 12:49:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        101650.1651@CompuServe.COM (dfdfdd)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org (freeq)
Subject:   Re: bsd,xwindows

dfdfdd wrote...
> Hello John,
>
> trying to install x-windosws under freeBsd is not so easy. While starting with
> startx the output is always" X Init no such file : no server "X" in path".
> But in the /X11R6/bin directory is the X- and the X86_SVGA file. What can i do ?
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Make sure that the directory '/usr/X11R6/bin' is in your PATH.  You can check
this with 'echo $PATH'.  In order to make sure it is set, add an appropriate
line to your '.profile' (sh, bash, etc.) or '.cshrc' (csh) so that it's
set on login.

I have added it to '/etc/profile' so that all users (no-one on my system uses
a C-shell) get it added by default.

John

--
Beavis and Butt-Head;  Vladimir and Estragon for the '90s.

finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key