Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:01:03 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Salvo Bartolotta" <bartequi@inwind.it>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Dumb "Raw mode" CD copying question...

Hi Salvo,

  I've not cut a great number of CD's but I'll take a stab
at this.

  As you are aware, it's easy enough to take all of
the tracks on an audio CD and pull them off the CD into
wav files.  You can do this with any SCSI cd drive, it
doesen't need to be a burner.

  When you then take and write all of these wav files
back onto a CD with an ordinary CD burner, you end up
with a multisession audio CD.

  What I think your looking for is the ability to take
the entire CD into a file and burn it back down to a
CD drive in one shot.  From reading the documentation
with my own (older) burner, I think the only way to do it
under FreeBSD is to run a SCSI burner that has Disk At Once
capability.  (DAO)  The newer SCSI burners all seem to support
this.  Most older onces don't.