Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 23:05:06 +0200
From:      Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dirk Pleiter <Dirk.Pleiter@physik.fu-berlin.de>
Subject:   aha0 and 64MB RAM problem?

Hello,

on a 2.2.8 system we have the following problem. The kernel configuration
options for a SCSI controler look like:
controller      aha0    at isa? port "IO_AHA0" bio irq ? drq 5 vector ahaintr
controller      scbus0
device          pt0     at scbus?    # SCSI processor type

options         "BOUNCE_BUFFERS"

On this system we were running successfully with 32MB RAM xvscan with a
scanner connected to the SCSI port (HP). After upgrading to 64MB ioctl
calls caused core dumps. IS this perhaps a known problem (fixed in a newer
release?)

Sorry, if this is not 100% "stable" related.

Please reply also in private, thanks.
--
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de Axel.Thimm@ifh.de