Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:10:11 -0500
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Effect of BATCH=yes in /etc/make.conf file

This is probably a stupid question, but I have never let a silly thing
like that stop me before.

I have FreeBSD 5.4 installed. In my /etc/make.conf file I have this
line:

BATCH=yes

I have it there so I am not bothered with requests for OPTIONS when
building ports. I have known that it suppresses the requests, but not
exactly how it handles those requests.

Does it just use the defaults settings, or does it choose all of the
options available, or perhaps disable all of the available options?

Thanks!

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net