Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:29:36 +0100
From:      Macrolosa <edvard@post.omnitel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network

        Hello all,
    I don't understand how works port mechanism in FreeBSD(or another
    OS) ? Is each inerface has his own set of port (65536 ports) ???
    How works PROXY? For example if I'll connect to my ISP, how I
    am gettin an IP address????? Is ISP's computer is as PROXY for
    me??? If I'll try for example to send data to his port 21, it
    send that data for me, why? How in low level IP packets are tran-
    sfered to 21 port if computer has to interfaces, to each
    connected user with opened 21 port (this computer is a PROXY)???

    Please give some link, where I can find documentation
    on those things.

    Many thanks - Ed