Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:58:11 +0200
From:      Volker Kindermann <freebsd@secspace.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partitioning Question

Hi Allan,

> Now that I have fallen in love with FreeBSD, I no longer have a need
> for the windows XP Partition
>
> I would like to erase it, format it as FreeBSD, and mount it has
> /usr/home2

the easiest thing would be to use sysinstall (but as always: backup
your data).
Activate
it
with:
/stand/sysintall

Then go to the configuration menue and the fdisk section. There you
should see two slices: your existing freebsd slice and the XP-Slice.
You now should be able to delete the XP-Slice and Create a new FreeBSD
Slice (the second one). Within this slice you can create the new
partitions.

If you want to go further into it, there's a chapter in the handbook
(adding new disks). The disklabel and fdisk manpages should clearify
things, also.

 -volker

--
Please don't cc me: I read the lists and don't need your message twice
:-)