Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:56:24 -0500
From:      "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
To:        "Rick Hamell" <hamellr@aracnet.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Internal PCI modem problem

> > I've got an Armada E500 laptop (nice computer, really) with
> > a Compaq 56K (V.90) MiniPCI modem.  I'm quite sure that it's
> > NOT a winmodem as this modem runs successfully under WinNT 4.0
> > and Win2000 (which reports the modem on COM2, BTW).  I don't
> > think it's a PnP modem as pnpinfo reports...
>
> 	Um... all the E500's I have around here ARE Winmodems....

Rick,

You're right, it's a freakin winmodem.  An email from
Compaq confirmed it's controllerless.

Fortunately I have a spare Viking V.90 PCMCIA modem
that really is not a winmodem.  My question is, in
Win2000, the modem driver reports it resources as
IRQ 7, mem 0x02F8-0x02FF.  When I look at my kernel,
IRQ 7 is used for the parallel port.

What do I need to set in my kernel for sio2 IRQ ? and
pccard.conf to get this sucker working.

Regards,
Doug