Date:      Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:53:57 +0200
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        fbsdq <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?q?=E9=F6-chars?= in directories

I have a question of which I'm not quite sure it's FreeBSD only.
Forfive me if it's not.

Here's the problem:

I have lots of mp3 files. Some of them contain highascii in the title
which also is in the directory. No problem. It goes well. I use
iso-8859-1 as charset ;-)

The problem is that these songs *DON'T* show off well when read from a
windows computer connected to my freebsd server through samba.

Can this problem be solved? I'd like to read my iso-8859-1 coded
directory right on both systems. Or is this wishful thinking? ;-)

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4