Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 15:31:36 -0700
From:      "Eric W. Hake" <highway@eudoramail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with natd

Greetings!

I just got a cable modem installed, so I used it to download 3.3-current, and configure a dual-homed firewall / natd box.  I've got an Intel EtherExpress 100B card connected to the cable modem, and the outside world, and a DEC EtherWorks 3 connected to my 24-port hub in my house.

I rebuilt the kernel, installed all the options, and rebooted.  It all works GREAT!

I can surf from any of my other machines -- for awhile.  Then it's like the natd converter gets confused, and it locks up the freebsd box.

I think it's in the natd because I had the freebsd box running just fine by itself and surfing for hours.  Then when I added the kernel firewall suport, and natd (using the simplest command line interface call:  natd -n fxp0), it goes for awhile, and then hits something that causes it to lock up....

Has anybody else had this type of problem before?

Eric