Date:      Sat, 1 Aug 1998 12:48:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wu-Tang Forever <nellie@home.com>
To:        GhostLV <ross@lvcm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing on other HD

Progress takes away what forever took to find -dmb

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, GhostLV wrote:

> Hi!
> I've had FreeBSD 2.2.2 for a while now ( a year ) and have been putting off installing it. There may be an answer to this question somewhere already, but I'm hoping I could get a quick answer from you and save my self the time of browsing a few pages. My question is:
>     I have 3 IDE drive on my system. I'm currently running dual boot, Windows 98 and Windows NT. I have a third 1 Gig IDE drive that I would like to dedicate to FREBSD. Can I install FreeBSD on an  IDE drive other than the Boot drive?
>     It seems like the options I'm given at the begining of install does not include drive other than the first, or main bootable drive.
Yeah you can install it on another disk, just like any other OS, take me
for example, I dual boot FreeBSD and win98, gardly ever use windows.
FreeBSD is on one SCSI HD and win98 on the other.  When you are at the
partitioning phase look for the HD that has no partitions that you need,
that is the one that isn't being used :)