Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:28:45 -0500
From:      "Bill Schmitt (SW)" <software@schmittnet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Defining MAKE_ARGS in pkgtools.conf

I'm trying to define some arguments in pkgtools.conf to use in a
portinstall of moregroupware (deskutils/moregroupware). I haven't used
pkgtools.conf before, and I'm apparently doing something wrong. I'm
doing this under FBSD 4.9.

In the Makefile, there is a section that states:

.if defined(WITH_APACHE2)
RUN_DEPENDS=${LOCALBASE}/libexec/apache2/libphp4.so:${PORTSDIR}/www/mod_php4
.else
RUN_DEPENDS=${LOCALBASE}/libexec/apache/libphp4.so:${PORTSDIR}/www/mod_php4
.endif

.if defined(WITH_MODULES)
DISTFILES+=${PORTNAME}-modules-insecure-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX}
PLIST_SUB+=MODULES=""
.else
PLIST_SUB+=MODULES="@comment "
.endif

(note I removed some spaces to make wrapping fit)

So, in the pkgtools.conf file, I added:

MAKE_ARGS = {
   'deskutils/moregroupware' => 'WITH_APACHE2 WITH_MODULES'
}

But, when I execute portupgrade moregroupware, I receive a message that
states:

make: don't know how to make WITH_APACHE2. Stop

What am I doing wrong?