Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 01:15:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org, phk@freefall.cdrom.com, mark@grondar.za, wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crypt code summary(2).

> [ ... Re: Consortium ... ]
>
> > So if you want to front such an organization, please feel free!  But
> > don't talk to me about how YOU are maxed out and then in the same
> > breath imply that our own lack of willingness comes from arrogance of
> > our position and not simply a similar level of over-committment.
>
> That's not what I implied.  I implied a lack of interest, not "interest
> but a lack of willingness".
>
> Arrogance is another topic entirely, and the failure attributable to
> it is names "Merge", not "Consortium" (and no, I'm not *willing* to
> go down that thread again).

I have talked on this issue before, but want to make one thing clear,
``Arrognace'' was not the cause of the Merge failure.  And unless you
are either Chris D. or Rod Grimes you don't really know all the gory
details and should not make statements about what may or may not have
been the cause of the merge failure.

> > but always has a convenient excuse when the REAL work or
> > committment is called for.  Enough with the feeble excuses!  We've
> > heard them all by now!  Put up or shut up, PUH-LEEZE!  :-)
>
> Well, Rod is burning in my dual processor P90 right now (ask him if
> you don't believe me).

Fact!

> Feel free to ask Jeffrey Hsu what is currently going on with him, if
> he's willing to comment.
>
> Feel free to ask Sean Eric Fagan what joint project we have up our
> sleeves, though I'd rather it not be made too public right now.
>
> I just barely finished reviewing someone else's  manuscript for
> Prentice Hall; it was a much more time consuming job than I had
> expected.  Naerly 6 Months of free time; expect to see the book
> "UNIX Internals: The New Frontiers" in bookstores soon.  I highly
> recommend it for its comparative look at many UNIX implementations.

Way COOL!!!  Now, when is the 4.4 CSRG internals book suppose to
come out??

> I'm about to take my first real vacation in about two years (not that

Gee, you take vacations to often. My last real vacation was some time
in the 1980's, that is why you don't have enoght time :-) :-) :-)

..

> Yes, I take a hundred paths at once; that doesn't mean I never reach
> the end of any of them.  Have some frigging patience!  I haven't been
> in a position to *do* anything, first because of Novell, and then for
> lack of equipment and all my free time going to book reviewing (all
> three of which should finally be remedied around the 10th of July).

Please hold your patience with Terry just a little bit longer, I
think we are going to start seeing his real work in a more visable
form some time in the very near future (I predict August based on
a shipping date that has been requested as I know just when Terry
comes back from Vacation :-)).