Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:31:40 +0100 (MET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Mike s <god@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Portal

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Mike s wrote:
> I have a lot of documentation that is done already, ( alot being 35% )
> the site is very appealing for those that use netscape and the like
> and is also lynx friendly.

Great!

> before launching the alpha site it will include:
>
> [long list]

Mike, this is very cool and useful stuff, but I am really worried that
this will bring us two sites with a lot of duplicate information on the
one hand and incomplete information on each of these sites on the other
hand.

As a FreeBSD user/admin, I'd really prefer to have *one* site with
technical information of that kind. That is, if the question is "Doing
nothing for FreeBSD versus building a site of your one" my answer is
"Go ahead!", but I'd really, really prefer seeing your work merged with
www.freebsd.org.

Gerald