Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:24:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        "Christian B." <freebsd.org@bimmer.at>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.2: malloc(): error: allocation failed

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Christian B. wrote:

> First, I have FreeBSD 5.1 installed on my dual-Xeon machine with 2GB RAM.
> Now, I delete the disk and installed FreeBSD 5.2 with the same ports and
> configuration.

Hm, you haven't been adjusting MAXDSIZ, have you? I've been getting this
exact same error sequence when I set MAXDSIZ so big there was no space
left for mmap() to work.  In that case I was setting it to near 3GB.

Are you setting any tuning option in loader.conf or with a custom kernel
configuration?