Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:42:08 +0000
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting latest files with cvsweb for a given tag

Is there a cvsweb URL that will give me the latest version of a given file,
given a specific tag? ie  without specifying a explicit revision.

What I am trying to do is write a script that will download the latest version
of  src/sys/conf/newvers.sh for RELENG_6_0, so it can parse out the version
information and compare it with the output of uname -r.

Or is there a better way of determining whether the  installed world has been
superceded by a new point-release (aside from reading mailing lists).