Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:16:57 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+lists.freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Ash <omniBSD@speakeasy.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Connect to Cisco VPN server from FreeBSD?

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 12:26:45PM -0500, Ash wrote:
> Scott Mitchell wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >As in the subject - has anyone managed to get a FreeBSD machine to connect
> >to a Cisco VPN server, using IPSec and 2-factor authentication (password +
> >SecurID card)?  My employer has been acquired by another company, and this
> >will soon be the only remote-access method available.  Linux client
> >software exists, but given that it relies on a kernel module I'm not
> >holding out much hope of it working.  The security/vpnc port looks like it
> >might be useful.  No idea if racoon + FreeBSD native IPSec can be persuaded
> >to do the SecurID authentication.
> >
> >I would try all these things myself, except I don't have any account
> >details for the server yet.  I really don't want to keep a Linux or Windows
> >machine around just to connect to the office...
> >
> >Many thanks in advance,
> >
> >	Scott
> >

> I have not personally used this, however I have had reports of users
> connecting to a Cisco VPN 3000 box that I administered at one point with
> the following client:
>
> http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/

Thanks, that looks promising.  The SecurID thing is apparently just a
flavour of XAUTH which seems to be supported, so it might just work.

Cheers,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon