Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:36:22 -0800
From:      Chris <bsd@1command.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Chicken or Egg

Greetings,
I'm running 5.4-STABLE (SMP) and have already tweaked my kernel
(built two for this machine). It's been about 5mos. since I've
built World/kernel. But since then have synced up my source and ports
as there have been some security issues since then.
My question(s) is/ are:

Since the kernel I built for this box was built so long ago, I want
to re-build it and rebuild all my currently built ports in an effort
to overcome the security issues that have developed.

What I cannot recall is wheather I do a BuildWorld, *then* build the
kernel. Or whether I build and install the kernel first. Also, as it
has now been so long. Would it be best to re-build my obj tree by way
of diong a config>make>make install?

Thank you for all your time and consideration in this matter.

--Chris

This message was brought to you by
the H.R. Communications Corp.,
Webmail Internet Messaging System.