Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 1999 17:47:37 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, dan@freebsddiary.org
Subject:   Re: FP extensions installed

> Scot,
>
> Thanks for your help.  Before I received your message, I had removed
> the existing installation and started with Apache + mod_ssl +
> mod_frontpage (1.3.9 + 2.4.2 + 3.0.4).  That seems to be running fine
> now.  The installation procedure seems to be much smoother.
>
> I'll report back later if anything comes up.

Things seem to be going well.  I'm still not sure what the original
problem was.  But I have found an interesting situation.  If I use
fpsrvadm to enable FP Extensions on a website, apache stops running.

./fpsrvadm.exe -o install -t apache-fp -s /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
                        -p 80 -m racing.unixathome.org -u racing -p racing
                        -xu susan -wg www

 Checking the logs I find:

[Sat Dec 25 17:40:51 1999] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to
restart
Syntax error on line 1275 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Invalid command '<SRMOptions>', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

Checking httpd.conf, I find this under the Virtual host which I just
referenced above:

<SRMOptions>
ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/_vti_adm/ /www/racing/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/
ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/ /www/racing/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/
ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/ /www/racing/_vti_bin/
</SRMOptions>

If I remove the above lines and restart apache, all seems well.  But it's a
bit strange that such lines are added.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/