Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 1999 03:04:50 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Leif Neland <root@neland.dk>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: user-ppp, dialin and dialout, fixed ip.

[.....]
> dialback:
>  set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATZ OK-ATZ-OK \
>            ATDT\\T TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT"
>  set login "TIMEOUT 5 ogin:--ogin: ppp word: ppp TIMEOUT 15 DIALBACK \
>            \"\" NO\\sCARRIER \"\" TIMEOUT 60 RING ATA CONNECT"
>
> because I use pap auth, i.e. I never see the login: prompt.
>
> So after dialing in, and the livingston hangs up, I have to kill ppp, so
> mgetty can start a ppp -direct.
>
> How do I tell ppp to hang around waiting for dialback when I can't use the
> above method?

Even in dialback mode, the calling ppp doesn't hang around and answer
the phone - it just exits and waits for the peer to call back.

In your setup, ppp should be told to exit so that the ppp -direct
will run.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;