Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 20:34:31 -0400
From:      "Marcelo J. Iturbe" <marcelo@msm.cl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying out a new kernel....

Hello,
I compiled a new kernel and I copied it to /kernel.new and replaced /kernel
with /kernel.old to make sure that machine still boots.when the machine
boots up, at the prompt I type boot kernel.new.

Everything seems fine.. it detects the scsi drives no problem, I get to
Waiting for 15 seconds for SCSI drives to settle...

Just after that I get:
panic: nobody wants to mount root for me  ??????

and a series of error messages and the system reboots...

Where did I go wrong?
(Kernel 3.3)

                  ICQ 22921676
                  MSM Interactive.
      El Bosque Norte 0134, Las Condes, Chile.
Phone: (56-2) 234-9852  Fax: (56-2) 233-8912
Email: marcelo@msm.cl    http://www.msm.cl