Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:02:58 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Regex Database Help?

I followed some of the suggestions at
http://www.muine.org/~hoang/postfix.html to tighten up my Postfix MTA.
As part of this, I created a file called helo_access where I wish to
include helo names that fail reverse DNS lookups that I still wish to
allow.  The examples showed how to explicitly set the complete name of
the server as in this example:

# Allow somehost.some.domain
/^somehost\.some\.domain$/    OK

This works fine.  Now what I would like to do is something like this:

# Allow allhosts.some.domain
/*\.some\.domain$/    OK

In other words, allow all hosts that end in some.domain.  However, I
have tried this different ways without success.  I assume this is
possible?  Can someone help me get the syntax right for this regular
expression.  From what I know, I would expect the above to work but it
doesn't.

Thanks,

Drew