Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 13:12:57 -0400
From:      "JoeB" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        <jr@ebcrp.org>, <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Re: DVD+RW and FreeBSD 4.7

Sounds like you have problem with ribbon connecting dvd to motherboard. =
Fbsd does not handle a single device as slave on the ribbon. Move DVD to =
master position on ribbon. If you do have an master and slave device on =
ribbon then be sure both devices use same ata mode. Hard drive may be =
ata100 and the dvd ata33 this could cause your problem with DVD.